There are a number of ways to test your Appery.io app:
- Using the desktop web browser.
- Using a Mobile web browser.
- Using the Appery.io Mobile Tester (to test native apps).
- Installing the app on the device.
Desktop web browser
Making the app public
If you want to share the app link with other people, check the “Public” option. You can always uncheck it to make the app private again.
You can change the phone’s size, as well as rotate it.
Click “Refresh,” to refresh the content of your application. All the changes saved in the app builder will appear upon clicking the button.
To test the app without a frame, you can also click “Launch” under the
Show without frame in the
TEST drop-down window.
TEST drop-down window, you can also scan the QR code with your phone (this requires a bar code scanner app) to get the app link.
This is a brief manual to share your app via a post in social networks so that your followers can view the developed app.
- Run your app in Test mode. Click
Testbutton on app list page or in the builder:
- After preview is opened, click
Share your appbutton:
- When the app is published on Appery.io domain, social share buttons are available on the page with QR code for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and email:
- Click a social share button, change a message of the post and share the app with your followers.
- The post with URL of the published app is available after the app had been shared. Now everyone can see your published app!
Mobile web browser
Make the app public, then either email the link to your phone or scan the QR code.
Appery.io Tester app
The Appery.io Tester is a native app that allows you to test Appery.io-built apps. This app makes it very simple to test native apps, as you don’t need to install the app each time a change is made. The Appery.io Tester is free, and available for iOS and Android.
Read more about the Appery.io Tester here.
Installing the app on the device
You can also always build a binary for your platform, and install the app directly on your device for testing.
Read this section for more information about binaries.
Using the Appetize.io to test iOS apps
By using Appetize.io, you can test iOS functionality (native features) in your Appery.io app without the real device. Appetize.io generates a unique link for each uploaded app. This enables you to send your app to people for demonstration, or to your team for testing purposes, all without the need to send the whole .ipa bundle.
The app shown in the following tutorial uses the StatusBar plug-in to demonstrate how native features could be tested with Appetize.io:
EXPORT > xCode project.
5. Open the just-exported project with xCode.
Use xCode version 6 or higher.
6. Build the project. This will generate the .app bundle:
7. After a successful build, go to
~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/<project-name>/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator. You’ll see the
8. Zip this .app bundle.
9. Go to appetize.io and click “UPLOAD” in the top right corner of the screen. Select the .app by clicking “Select file”:
10. Once the file is uploaded, type your email and click “Generate”:
11. Soon you’ll receive the link via the provided email. Click the link to see your app:
12. Now you can show other people your app by sending this link.
More help resources
More help resources are links to the blog, our YouTube channel and other web sites.