What are we going to build?
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to build an app that uses the FullContact API to retrieve user information based on an entered email.
The app will look like:
Before you begin
Tutorial level: intermediate.
Signing up for the FullContact API
FullContact provides a number of pricing plans, including a free plan. Click to sign up. Once you are signed in you will see the following message:
The API that you’ll use is here, and looks like:
For input, we’ll provide a person’s email address.
Go to Appery.io to build the app that uses the FullContact API.
Creating a new project
1. To start, create a new app. Enter FullContact for the app name, and click “Create.”
- At the top, there’s an Input field to enter the person’s email.
- The “Get It” button will invoke a service that calls the FullContact API.
The rest of the UI is for displaying the results you get from FullContact:
- Name of, and person’s location are displayed.
- Photos – collapsible block displays photos, as well as the name of the social network from which the photo was taken.
- Social Profiles – collapsible block displays names and links to social media sites.
Defining FullContact REST API service
1. Next, we need to define a service that connects to the FullContact API:
5. This feature makes it easy to try any REST API very quickly.
6. You need to define the service’s JSON response structure. To easily create the JSON structure, click “Import as Response”:
Mapping the service
Once the service is defined, add it to the page and map it.